
While I wish I had the time to post a good blog tonight (either on Multiple Intelligence, or The Ice People. I'll decide tomorrow) I just realized that tomorrow is the 9th and that is when our blogs are due. Even though I've used most of the vocabulary words by now, both dossier and sycophant have been driving me nuts all marking period, never fitting into what I want to say. The definitions seem fairly simple, just a bundle of papers and a person who sucks up using flattery. But for some reason I just never got around to using them. I'll try a story.
I stared morosely at the dossier of papers on my bed, unable to organize it in any sort of acceptable fashion. No matter how I ordered them, the red ink from my latest quiz grade showed through all of the other pages, and I considered using masking tape to cover it up. Or a big black marker, symbolically erasing the 33% and allowing it to fade into nothingness. Now if only I could do this in his gradebook.
For those who've known me since elementary school, you know math has never really been my thing. It's not that I'm terrible (Scott if you're reading this stop laughing!), but I don't have that intuition or gut feeling that leads most people through these problems. If I'm not sure how to do one, I usually just guess my way through. If I see a quadratic, I factor. If I see two sets of parentheses, I foil. That's really all it takes to guess your way through Math Analysis.
Although I have never actually done this, I have been tempted to resort to sycophancy in the hopes of being graded with leniency. I'm not saying Lynch would be susceptible to flattery (he would probably laugh in my face) but it would be an attempt of some sorts, albeit an unsuccessful one.
I apologize for not having the time to make this interesting, but tomorrow you'll get a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment